Did the Pope’s Deacon invoke Lucifer’s name during the Easter Vigil Mass?
Ignorance knows no bound
There are a lot of videos floating in facebook and youtube accusing the church of worshiping Satan which is way out.
No he is not praying to Lucifer
1. The translation of the Latin language to English is WRONG.
2. This beautiful song is called the Exultet. It is a hymn of praise, sung in the Easter liturgy by Catholics and those of some other faiths. The word “Lucifer” within it means the MORNING STAR, not Satan. And by extension, the word Lucifer can mean something or someone outstanding, pre-eminently Jesus Christ.
3. Most religious scholars from ALL faiths are in agreement that Lucifer and Satan are not the same person. The confusion arose from mistranslated text in older versions of the Bible. That issue was rectified and newer versions clearly state Lucifer is NOT Satan.
4. In the video: “Flammas eius lucifer matutínus invéniat” becomes ” Flaming Lucifer finds mankind”?
What? Whoever translated this apparently FLUNKED first-year Latin. Flammas is in the accusative—a direct object, so how in the world is it translated as an adjective? And humáno géneri (mankind) doesn’t show up in this line, so why is it inserted as a direct object? For those who are ignorant of Latin, this video can be mildy persuasive. But for those who do know Latin, this video is ROFL-quality entertainment.
5. Actual Translation of the song in English not the garbage translation by Anti Catholic Bigots Hate Group.
Flammas eius lúcifer matutínus invéniat:
ille, inquam, lúcifer, qui nescit occásum.
Christus Fílius tuus,
qui, regréssus ab ínferis, humáno géneri serénus illúxit,
et vivit et regnat in sæcula sæculórum.
May this flame be found still burning
by the Morning Star:
the one Morning Star who never sets,
Christ your Son,
who, coming back from death’s domain,
has shed his peaceful light on humanity,
and lives and reigns for ever and ever.
Qu’il brûle encore quand se lèvera l’astre du matin, celui qui ne connaît pas de couchant, le Christ ressuscité revenu des enfers, qui répand sur les hommes sa lumière et sa paix. Garde ton peuple, nous t’en prions, ô notre Père, dans la joie de ces fêtes pascales. Par Jésus Christ, ton Fils notre Seigneur, qui par la puissance de l’Esprit s’est relevé d’entre les morts et qui règne près de toi pour les siècles des siècles. Amen.
Do you see the word Satan in the song? of course not unless its doctored by Anti Catholic Bigots Hate Group.
credit to: Joseph, Dawn, Valerie, Ran
Written by pinoyteaparty
September 25, 2014 at 3:41 am
Posted in Apologetics
Tagged with alliance church, Anti Catholic Bigot, anti catholic bigots. early Christians, Are you saved, Baptist, Bible Alone, born again, Catholic Apologetics, Catholics, cebu, CFD, christianity, Converting to Catholicism, converts, davao, early church fathers. pagadian, evangelical, Exodus 2:3-5, Faith Alone, Fundamentalist, Graven images, idol worship, idolatory, iloilo, Leviticus 26:1, Manny Pacquiao, pagadian, pagan, pope, praying to saints, protestant, Protestants, rome, Saints, Why Are Protestants Turning or Converting to Catholicism